Lemon grass is not widely available in Nigeria, and as a result, many people are unaware of its existence. Lemon grass has a number of health benefits, including helping to manage blood sugar levels and reducing inflammation.
Lemon grass, despite its health benefits and seemingly innocent nature, can have some negative side effects. The term "side effects" refers to the unpleasant consequences that a person may suffer after consuming lemon grass.
After taking Lemon Grass, a person may experience the following five side effects.
1. Increased Urination: Lemon grass is a diuretic, which is one of its health benefits. Diuretics are drugs that are used to treat renal and cardiac disorders.
Diuretics cause a person to urinate more frequently, and since lemon grass is a diuretic, taking it will increase your urine frequency. If you don't want to urinate excessively, avoid lemon grass.
2. Tiredness: When a person is unable to perform their normal daily activities due to weakness, they are said to be tired. Lemon grass is used as a sleep aid by some people because it helps to weaken their nerves, allowing them to fall asleep faster (this is not scientifically proven yet).
If you have a busy day ahead of you, it may be wise to avoid lemon grass.
3. Hunger: It is normal to feel hungry at certain times of the day, such as first thing in the morning or after going for several hours without eating. However, feeling hungry all of the time, even if your last meal was three hours ago, can be irritating and uncomfortable.
And one of lemon grass's adverse effects is that it makes you hungry.
4. Light-headedness: dizziness causes a person to feel light-headed. People who are dizzy may feel as if their head is spinning. When you have a lot of work to accomplish, feeling dizzy might put you back; in fact, severe dizziness can lead to falls or accidents.
Dizziness is one of the probable side effects of lemon grass. If you discover that lemon grass makes you dizzy, don't take it.
5. Dry Mouth: Lemon grass can cause dry mouth, so it's important to avoid it as soon as you notice it's making your mouth dry.
It's also worth noting that some people are allergic to lemon grass. If you have difficulty breathing, a faster heart rate, rashes, or itching after consuming lemon grass, you are most likely suffering allergic responses. If you have these responses after eating lemon grass, go to the hospital right away.
Content created and supplied by: Chelsea_Official (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More