Dessert is the one thing everyone looks forward to having after dinner. Today it's all about the yoghurt panna cotta that will leave you wanting for more.
There are a variety of ways you can make this dessert, you can incorporate so many fruits, nuts and syrups to make it more desirable for you.
Let's make dessert!
Garnishing bits: Caramelized banana,salted peanut nougatine , lime gel, honey spaghetti and toasted oats
- 200g double cream plain yogurt
- 200g honey
- 2 limes
- 40g agar agar
- 1 banana
- 100g peanuts
- 100g gelatin
- 100g glucose
- 250g caster sugar
- 20g oats
You will also need: a panna cotta mould, syringe, thin rubber pipe that fits syringe approx a meter long, ice
1. Soak the gelatin in cold water until spongy
2. Dissolve on low heat
3. Whisk in the honey and 100g plain yoghurt
4. Allow to set for 3 hours
5. Boil lime juice, 100g sugar, 20g agar agar and 100ml of water
6. Set in fridge then blend in until smooth and pass through a fine sieve
7. Blitz the peanuts into coarse powder
8. Boil caster sugar and glucose until caramelized and add powdered peanuts
9. Spread on grease proof paper and allow to cool
10. Break into shards once cooled
11. Slice the banana and sprinkle the slices with sugar
12. Caramelize by using a blow torch
13. Toast the oats in oven for 8-10 minutes at 170C and allow to cool
14. Boil 100g honey, water and the rest of the agar agar
15. Put into the syringe and inject into ice water to make spaghetti .
Don't forget to click on the comment button below to share your views and opinions - for they are greatly appreciated. If you do try this recipe, please do share with us your thoughts and results on the dish
Content created and supplied by: Da_Nilla (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More