Crispy Rooibos Milk Tart Spring Rolls
1 tin condensed milk
400ml water (use condensed milk)
350ml Rooibos Laager tea
1 tbsp butter
2 sticks cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla essence
4 eggs, separated
A little water for mixing
1 x 400 g packet spring roll wrappers
1 egg white (to use as glue)
Oil for deep frying
1. Place 2 teabags into a 350ml of boiling water and allow to steep.
2. Slowly bring condensed milk, water, rooibos tea, cinnamon sticks, vanilla essence and butter to the boil while stirring.
3. In a separate bowl mix the following making sure there are no lumps; 4 egg yolks, cornflour and a little water.
4. When milk mixture is almost boiling, first add a little of the hot milk to the egg mixture and then stir while adding all the of the egg mixture to the rest of the milk mixture on the stove.
5. Beat egg whites to white peak stage and gently fold into custard. Allow the mixture to cool down.
6. For the spring rolls, place a wrapper on a flat surface and with a pastry brush, brush all 4 sides with egg white. Place a heaped teaspoon of the milk tart mixture on the wrapper at the end nearest to you, fold in the sides and roll up like a cigar.
7. Constantly wet your finger with the egg white and make sure there are no leaking holes for the custard to run out whilst frying.
8. Heat the oil and fry the spring rolls, five at a time and when golden brown, remove from the oil and immediately roll in cinnamon sugar.
9. Serve and ENJOY!
Content created and supplied by: Shanelize (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More