Breakfast is proven to be the most important meal of the day. An ideal healthy breakfast is full of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients. It should provide a healthy dose of protein so that you can kickstart your day with high energy.
There are many healthy breakfast options, but the most popular one is old-fashioned oatmeal. It is easy to make and delicious.
The Reasons Why It Is the Most Popular Breakfast
Oatmeal is eaten worldwide. It is a heart-healthy grain that can help you improve your digestive system.
- Oatmeal can satiate your hunger quickly, as it is a filling food. You can eat fewer calories and still feel full. This may lead to weight loss.
- Oats are a rich source of soluble fiber, that has proved to improve insulin sensitivity. They help lower blood sugar levels. It is an extremely good option for someone suffering from obesity or type 2 diabetes.
- Studies have shown that oats can help in reducing LDL cholesterol levels(the bad cholesterol).
Like most people, I too love eating oats as they are nutritious and filling. But I don’t like eating sweet foods, especially in the morning. So, I had to play around and create my own version of savory oatmeal.
Here is a list of ingredients you will need to make this awesome recipe.
- Olive Oil:- It is one of the healthiest oil to saute vegetables in. You either can use extra virgin or pomace.
- Vegetables:- You can add any vegetable you got in the house. I usually stick with tomato and bell peppers, but sometimes it is fun to play around.
- Protein:- If you train regularly then you need to have a protein-rich breakfast. I add tofu or paneer(Indian cottage cheese)to make oats even more nutritious.
- Cumin:-These tiny seeds are packed with iron. They add a toasty flavor to the dish.
- Turmeric:- This golden herb is extremely beneficial for arthritis, digestive disorders, respiratory infections, allergies, liver disease, and depression.
- Paprika:- One tablespoon of this spicy hot powder can provide you with Vitamin A, E, B6, and Iron.
- Lemon:- A few drops of lemon for a little zing and a whole lot of vitamin C
The Cooking Process
Step-1:- Get a pan on the stove and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
Step-2:- When the oil gets hot add 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds. Let the seeds pop. Cook on low flame, so you don’t burn them.
Step-3:- Add 1 teaspoon turmeric and paprika powder. Mix the spices well with the oil.
Step-4:- Add the chopped vegetables of your choice. Make sure to saute them nicely. The best vegetables to add are onions, capsicum, and tomatoes. Cook the vegetables for 1 minute.
Step-5:- After mixing the spices and vegetables add diced tofu or paneer. Now it is time to add 1 cup of oats. Stir the oats a few times to get some color on them.
Step-6:- Add 2 cups of water and salt, according to taste. Let the oats cook on a medium flame for 15–20 minutes. I like to eat oats in a soupy consistency, but if you like them mushy then cook for a bit longer until the water has dried up.
Step-7:- Add a few drops of lemon juice for extra zing and garnish with mint or parsley leaves.
Try this savory oatmeal recipe if you too are bored with eating overnight oats. You can customize this recipe and play around by adding any vegetables you like or skipping any spice that you don’t like.
Take a chance on this new recipe, sometimes it is worth it to challenge your taste buds. So make this oatmeal recipe tomorrow first thing in the morning and let me know if you like it.
You just read another post from In Fitness And In Health: a health and fitness community dedicated to sharing knowledge, lessons, and suggestions to living happier, healthier lives.
Content created and supplied by: GistvibesTV (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More