You can make your own beer with little effort and a fraction of the cost of commercial beer. This simple method uses just one fermenting process, so only one brewing container is needed.
What You Will Need:
The few items you need to brew your own homemade beer can be found at your nearest beer making supply shop or at most hardware stores.
• One 10-gallon "food grade" plastic pail with lid.
• Siphon hose. You'll need a 74" length of 5/16 " "food grade" vinyl tubing.
• Hose clamp for siphon
• Twelve two litre plastic pop bottles, with lids
Simplest Homemade Beer Recipe .
• One 40oz.can of any flavor you like (light,dark,stout).
• Yeast .One teaspoon brewers yeast
6-7 cups of regular white sugar , or 8-9 cups of corn sugar ( preffered)
For better results consider using two cans of the malt extract and not using any sugar.
How To Brew
It has been said that 75% of brewing is good sanitation. First clean all equipment with warm, lightly soapy water. Rinse well to remove soap residue. Then sanitize using household bleach at a quantity of 1 tablespoon /gallon of water. Or you can purchase a no-rinse acid sanitizer to make sure that there is no after taste.
1. Pour 10 litres of fresh, cold water into the 10 gallon plastic pail.
2. In your largest pot , bring 7 litres of water to a boil.
3. Add one can of malt extract .Stir and cook uncovered for 20 minutes.
4. Add the sugar and stir to dissolve.
5. As soon as the sugar is dissolved , pour contents into the carboy.
6. Top up with bottled drinking water or tap water until temperature is neutral. (If you are using tap water it is recommended to boil the water first so that you can kill bacteria).
7. Sprinkle in the yeast and stir well .Cover with lid.( Set lid on loosely ;if capped too tightly ,a carboy can explode from the carbon dioxide gas that is produced. )
Keep covered and avoid unnecessary opening. The beer will be ready to bottle in 6-10 days ,depending on ambient temperature of the room and amount of sugar used in the brewing.
Content created and supplied by: QueenOfLifestyle (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More