Orange and raisins scones
3 cups cake flour
3/4 cup butter (175g)
4 Tbsp white sugar
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
Finely grated orange zest from one medium orange
1/4 cup raisins
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 tsp salt
1. In a large bowl sift in flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, sugar and salt. Add the orange zest and raisins then whisk well.
2 . Add butter . Rub it in using your finger tips until you get a crumbly mixture.
3. In a small bowl add buttermilk , orange juice, egg , vanilla. Mix well. Pour this mixture in the flour mixture.
4. Mix just to combine the wet and dry ingredients together. Then transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface.
5. Spread the dough and slightly flatten it using a rolling pin or your palm .
5. Dip your cookie cutter in flour as you cut out each piece.Place on a prepared baking tray.
6. Brush the top with milk or egg wash .
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 Degrees Celsius for 18 minutes or until well baked .
*Makes 12 scones.
Heba’s Treats Recipe
Content created and supplied by: Swati_Princess (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More