2 Ingredient Roosterkoek
For The Roosterkoek Dough
4 cups self-raising flour
2 ½ cups plain yoghurt
For the Roosterkoeke
1. In a large bowl, sift the flour and gently fold in the yoghurt, using a spatula until the mixture forms a dough.
2. On a floured surface, knead the dough by hand for 5 – 8 minutes until smooth. If too sticky, add more flour, a little at a time while kneading.
3. Divide and shape the dough into 8 balls.
For the Weber
1. To set up the chimney starter, place 2 medium squares of firelighters on the grid of the Weber. Place the chimney starter over the firelighters and fill halfway with charcoal briquettes. Light the firelighters through the holes in the bottom of the chimney starter.
2. Allow to burn for 15 minutes until the coals are glowing red.
3. Use braai mitts to pick up the chimney starter, remove the grid and pour the hot coals in the Weber. Place the grid back over the hot coals. Place the lid on the weber and allow to heat for another 15 minutes.
Chakalaka & Boerewors
8 tbsp chakalaka
300g boerewors, cooked & sliced
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1. Flatten out the dough balls and spread a generous spoon of chakalaka onto each piece of dough. Add boerewors on top of the chakalaka followed by some grated cheese.
2. Roll out and seal each roosterkoek well then sprinkle with a little flour, place on a baking tray and allow to rise for 30 minutes.
3. Cook over hot coals in the weber, turning every minute using the braai tongs, until crispy and golden on the outside and slightly hollow sounding.
4. Serve while still warm and ENJOY!!
Content created and supplied by: Shanelize (via Opera News )