Here is another lovely and refreshing salad, you would not love TO NOT PUT on your dinner table this Spring.
Chicken and avocado salad. Fresh salad ( great flavours and beautiful colours) that makes a great dish for any time of the day. Perfect for any kind of parties too.
-2 small chicken breasts, 400g (pound or split if thicker than 2cm)
▢1/2 tsp each chipotle powder and oregano
▢1/4 tsp cumin powder
▢Salt & pepper
▢1/2 tbsp olive oil
▢1 avocado, chunky dice
▢1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
▢¾ cup corn kernels (canned, drained)
▢½ red onion, finely chopped
▢1/4 cup coriander, finely chopped
▢5 heaped cups cos or romaine lettuce, cut into bite size pieces
1. Place Lime Dressing ingredients in a jar, shake well.
2. Put 2 tablespoons of Dressing in a ziplock bag.
3. Add chipotle, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper, mix/squidge bag.
4. Add chicken, seal and massage to coat. Marinate 30 min – overnight.
5. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in skillet over medium low, cook chicken to taste (2cm / 4/5” takes around 8 minutes), getting a nice brown crust on it. Rest 5 min then slice.
6. Add 2 tablespoons of coriander into Dressing, shake.
7. Place avocado, corn, tomato and onion in a bowl.
8. Add remaining coriander, drizzle with a bit of Dressing, toss gently.
9. Place lettuce in a bowl, drizzle with a bit of Dressing, toss.
Assemble Salad: Place lettuce on a serving platter. Top with Salsa and sliced chicken. Drizzle with remaining Dressing.
Don't forget to click on the comment button below to share your views and opinions - for they are greatly appreciated. If you do try this recipe, please do share with us your thoughts and results on the dish.
Content created and supplied by: Da_Nilla (via Opera News )