Ok so maybe you were a little reserved at the heritage party, with all those people looking at you eat.
This is a beautiful two-course meal to enjoy if you still want a little something more.
Masala Chicken Gatsby
For the gatsby:
- 300g frozen potato chips
- Vegetable oil, to coat
- Salt and pepper
- 4 chicken breasts (halved)
- ¼ cup masala spice
- 1 baguette (sliced lengthways)
- 2 heads cos lettuce
For the sauce:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp masala spice
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven 180°C.
2. Toss the chips with a little oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Seat in a baking tray
4. Rub the chicken breasts with the masala spice.
5. Heat a little oil and fry for a few minutes on each side until cooked through.
6. Mix all the sauce ingredients.
7. Spread sauce on the baguette.
8. Top with lettuce, chicken, and chips.
Don't forget the African bred baobab juice on the side
Milk tart truffle
- 1½ tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 eggs (separated)
- 2½ cups milk
½ cup caster sugar
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1cinnamon stick (plus extra to garnish)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 cardamom pods, roasted and split
- 1½ cups fruit-cake mix
- 1 sponge cake (sliced)
- Ground cinnamon, to garnish
1. Whisk the flour, cornflour, and egg yolks together in a large bowl.
2. Position the milk, caster sugar, butter, cinnamon stick, and salt in a pot over medium heat and bring to a boil.
3. Remove the cinnamon stick and pour into the flour-egg-yolk mixture, whisking continuously. Return to the pot and cook over medium heat, whisking until it thickens.
4. Shift the resulting custard to a clean bowl lay cling film directly onto the surface of the custard and cool.
5. Place sugar and one cup of water in a small pot over medium heat. Once the sugar has dissolved, continue to simmer until it is a glossy syrup.
6. Add the cardamom pods and fruit-cake mix and simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Strain, reserving both the syrup and the fruit. Remove the cardamom pods.
8. Dip each slice of sponge cake into the syrup, then arrange a single layer in a large glass dish.
9. Top with a few scoops of fruit, then pour over a thick layer of the custard.
10. Repeat until all the cake and fruit has been utilized.
11. End with a layer of custard.
12. Dust with cinnamon and garnish with a cinnamon stick.
13. Leave to stand for 30 minutes before serving.
Content created and supplied by: Da_Nilla (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More