Simple quick dessert
1 cup cake flour
1/2 cup fine or desiccated coconut
1/4 cup white sugar
1/3 cup melted salted butter
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup plain yoghurt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup water
1 tsp vanilla
Add all the ingredients in a saucepan, simmer on the stove on medium heat until the sugar has completely dissolved.
1. In a large bowl add flour, baking powder, sugar, coconut then whisk well .
2. In another bowl add melted butter, eggs , milk , yoghurt and vanilla. Mix well.
3. Pour the wet mixture to the dry ingredients. Mix until all ingredients are well combined. DO NOT OVER MIX.
4. Pour the batter ( mixture) in a greased casserole dish. Bake in a preheated oven at 170 Degrees Celsius for 30 minutes or until well baked .
5. Straight from the oven poke the cake with a fork then pour the hot syrup . (Pour the syrup while still hot).
Let the syrup soak in completely.
Sprinkle some coconut then serve with yoghurt or custard or ice cream .
Content created and supplied by: Swati_Princess (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More