Butro Huevos Rancheros
A little information on Huevos Rancheros.
Huevos Rancheros is a traditional Mexican breakfast dish that's packed with splendid flavor. Fresh corn tortillas layered with fried eggs, refried beans, cooked salsa, sliced avocado, and cheese... it's a classic recipe that's assured to become your favourite. Trust me, I know!
There are a variety of recipes for this dish, every recipe is meant to satisfy your taste.
- 2 tbsp Butro
- 2 tbsp onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped) or grated
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 whole roasted red pepper, drained and deseeded
- 1 large jalapeno (brined) with seeds, removed the seeds for less heat
- 3 tbsp chicken stock
- 3 tbsp cream
- 1 medium waffle
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp Butro ( divided in two)
- 1 tsp cumin (ground)
- 1 tsp coriander (ground)
- ½ cup baked beans
- 1 small chilli
- 1 tbsp chopped onion
- ¼ sliced avo
chilli flakes (for garnish)
- fresh coriander
1. In a sauce pan, over medium heat, add your oil and onions.
2. Saute the onions for about 3 mins then add your garlic and cumin and cook for a further 2 min.
3. Drain both the peppers and add them to the pan before adding the stock.
4. Move the ingredients into a blender and add the cream.
5. Blend the mixture to form a smooth sauce.
1. Heat up the waffle in the oven for about 3 to 5 min.
2. In a small sauce pan over medium to high heat, fry you onions for 5 min then add the chilli, cumin and coriander and fry for a further 2 min.
3. Put in your baked beans into the sauce pan and cook enclosed on medium heat for 3 min then switch off.
4. Do not discard the pan from the heat.
5. If a flat pan, fry your eggs to your likeness (soft, medium or hard).
6. To put together, place your baked tortilla on the plate, followed by your beans then the fried eggs.
7. Drizzle some of the ranchero sauce onto the eggs.
How to serve:
Garnish with chilli flakes, coriander, lemon wedges and avocado slices. Make it look ravishing!
Content created and supplied by: Da_Nilla (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More