1 kg of cleaned mogodu - tripe
2 large tomatoes
1 large onion
Salt to taste
Fresh chilli's - optional
- in a large pot, boil your mogodu in 5 cups of water. The mogodu should be cooked though after approximately 3 to 4 hours of boiling. Boil on low heat and check the pot occasionally. Add water as needed.
- once the mogodu is cooked through, add you finely chopped onions and fry until they are translucent.
- add salt to taste, Black pepper and fresh chillies - the fresh chilli's will give your tripe a fresh kick of flavour.
- add finely chopped tomatoes and let it fry down.
- add an extra cup of water and let it boil on low heat until it creates a lovely soup for approximately 10 - 15 minutes.
Serve this delicay with pap, on any occasion that you desire.
Follow this page for more recipes.
Content created and supplied by: TsepoNews (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More