Amasi Crispy Wings
12 pieces of chicken, cut chicken pieces into wings / winglets
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of black pepper
2 cups Amasi / sour milk
2 large eggs
1 and a half cups self-rising flour, to coat the chicken
2 cups of oil - you can reuse this oil
1 teaspoons of paprika
1 teaspoons of onion powder
1 teaspoons of cayenne pepper
1 teaspoons of garlic powder
1 teaspoons of dry thyme
1 teaspoons of oregano
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the chicken.
- Add 2 cups of Amasi / sour milk and the beaten eggs in a large dish and mix thoroughly.
- Place thee chicken in a reusable bag and seal. Let the chicken chill and marinate for at least 3 hours.
- in a deep pan, pour 2 cups of oil, and put on medium heat.
- in a large clean bowl add flour and all the spices, herbs and seasonings of your choice.
- Remove the chicken from the Amasi. Deep the chicken into the seasoned flour.
- Once your oil is hot enough, add the chicken into the oil, add a few pieces at a time and cook for about 9 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown.
- Place the fired chicken on paper towels to drain the excess oil.
Content created and supplied by: TsepoNews (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More