When it comes to skin care, professional facials are a wonderful addition, but they can be expensive and time consuming to maintain on a regular basis.
However, this does not rule out the possibility of creating a rejuvenating facial treatment right in your own home. Because of the current popularity of "clean" beauty, there are plenty of natural ingredients in your pantry and refrigerator that, when mixed together, can combat everything from acne to dry skin to wrinkles. Here are some tried-and-true face masks with powerful, skin-enhancing benefits for everyone when you can't make it to the spa but crave a little personal indulgence.
Adding avocado and cacao powder to your skin care routine will help hydrate and detoxify your skin, respectively. All-star ingredient honey is antibacterial, full of antioxidants and incredibly moisturizing. Bye, bye acne.
2 tablespoons of honey and 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
How to make:
1. In a small bowl, mash the avocado.
2. Add cocoa powder and honey and mash them together thoroughly.
3. Apply the mask for 10 minutes to your clean, dry skin.
4. Rinse with warm water, then apply your usual moisturizer.
Acne redness can be greatly reduced with the use of cucumber slices. To soothe irritated and blemish-prone skin, they contain vitamin C and a wide range of antioxidants.
cucumber, honey or aloe vera, and a tablespoon each
How to make:
1. Honey or aloe vera can be added to the pureed cucumber.
2. Let it sit for 15 minutes before rinsing off. Use only cold water to clean.
Egg whites are both antibacterial and pore-tightening when it comes to oily skin. If you have oily skin, oatmeal is a great way to keep your skin moisturized, and it's a natural cleanser that will leave you glowing.
oatmeal; one egg white; one tablespoon
How to make:
1. A bowl of oatmeal and an egg is all that is needed to make this dish.
2. Then, using a soft cloth, gently pat the mixture onto your face.
3. Use cool water to finish rinsing.
This papaya mask helps exfoliate the skin with Alpha Hydroxy Acids, which can take a long time to heal stubborn dark spots (AHAS). Vitamins A, C, and E are also found in Papaya.
1 papaya, 1 tsp. plain organic yogurt, and 1 tsp. oats
How to make:
1. Using a food processor, combine all of the ingredients until they form a homogenous paste.
2. For ten minutes, apply to a clean, dry skin. Use warm water to finish rinsing.
3. Pat dry thoroughly after a second rinsing with cool water.
Follow up for more!
Content created and supplied by: Evans (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More