Natural hair can easily get dry because of its curls and believe it or not if you shampoo your hair too often, the problem could get worse. This is when you should try co-washing.
Co-washing is basically conditioner washing where you will use a conditioner to cleanse your hair. This is completely different to the usual conditioners as you will be removing dirt by cleansing. Co-washing also helps you to hydrate and nourish your hair.
The advantages of co-washing:
- It is not time consuming because you will be washing your hair while conditioning it at the same time
- Co-washing will leave your hair feeling soft because there are no harsh chemicals
- You will be able to retain your curls when you co-wash
- It won’t be strong on your hair and scalp
The disadvantages of co-washing
- Since there are no harsh chemicals included, it may be difficult to remove products that contain oils in your hair
- If you don’t co-wash your hair properly, you may end up with too many products in your hair and scalp
- Your hair could end up being flat if you use the wrong products
Avoiding using regular conditioners for co-washing since they are not meant for cleansing the hair. Regular conditioners also do not contain the important elements such as co-washers.
Here’s how you co-wash:
- You need to wet your hair with warm water
- When you apply your co-wash product make sure that your hair is properly saturated
- Use your fingers to apply the product to scalp and start in the centre then move towards the hairline
- Start from the roots then move to the tips
- After these four steps, rinse your hair gently then repeat the steps again
- You may then apply a moisturizer
- You can co-wash your hair two times a week but also bear in mind that washing your hair too often can cause it to become dry
Content created and supplied by: Wordsmith_Mo (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More