Sign in
Download Opera News App

News Entertainment

 

Gossip Celebrity

 

Pearl Modiadie Goes To Court. Find Out


Former Metro FM radio celebrity Pearl Modiadie is targeting her former employer: According to Sunday World, Modiadie is taking legal action against SABC radio station because she failed to take action on her complaint of sexual harassment against her former manager.


Modiadie worked at Metro FM for about five years, until her contract was not renewed in 2021. She co-hosted lunch with Thomas and Pearl and Thomas Msengena. Sunday World was the first person to report Modiyadis allegations, citing sources who sent emails between media celebrities and the radio marketing team. Since then, Modiyadi broke the silence after the legend. She said on

Twitter: was silent for a long time before the media reported it. I was never grateful for it because it finally gave me the courage to speak out about the sexual harassment I suffered on Metro FM.


Modiyadi told "Sunday World" that he complained about the so-called sexual provocation, but the management did not take any action. The actress claimed that the anonymous manager even commented on some of her Instagram photos and work emails.


Pearl Modiadie met her lawyer It now appears that Pearl Modiadie has already met her lawyer Mafona Ramothwala, and "Sunday World" also talked to him. Ramoswara said:

We can confirm that the legal action for damages was initiated through a demand letter sent to SABC on June 18, 2021. According to the newspaper, in one incident, she cried during the performance. "Even the celebrity guests who attended his studio interviews saw all this. I felt violated and couldn't even go to work the next day," she said.


Source: https://www.thesouthafrican.com/lifestyle/celeb-news/pearl-modiadie-suing-metro-fm-for-ignoring-sexual-harassment/

Content created and supplied by: Abbadev_News (via Opera News )

Metro FM Modiyadi Pearl Modiadie SABC Thomas Msengena

COMMENTS

Load app to read more comments