With their on-screen performances, they look like the most fearless people. However, our favorite celebrities do struggle with some really odd kinds of phobias. These fears are sure to take you by surprise:
1. Former boyband One Direction star Niall Horan is ornithophobic. This phobia makes him afraid of birds. Childhood trauma makes him believe that pigeons “are horrible”.
2. Kylie Jenner has an odd phobia of cups full of dust. “I don’t know why. It’s like one of my pet peeves is when there’s a lot of dust in a cup and it’s getting in my system,” she explained.
3. Strictly Come Dancing host Claudia Winkleman has a deep-seated fear of water. “I don’t like or believe in water, I won’t have it… I’ve never knowingly had water, I don’t like it,” she said.
4. Vincent D’Onofrio has been extremely terrified of monkeys all his life. It all began when he went to Florida’s monkey park as a kid and had a frightening encounter.
5. David Bowie survived from aviophobia for 5 years and took zero flights in that time. He apparently had a premonition that he’d die in a plane crash, so he ensured that he never gets on one.
6. Out of the many known phobias, Kendall Jenner suffers from trypophobia which makes her afraid of holes in odd patterns. “Trypophobics are afraid of tiny little holes that are in weird patterns,” as she says. She’s especially creeped out by pancakes, honeycomb and lotus heads.
7. Adam Driver can’t stand watching or listening to his own performances. It’s so bad with him that in one of his interviews, they tried to play a clip from Marriage Story and he walked out.
8. Jodie Foster has a phobia of cats because she nearly died during an encounter with a lion. She was 8 on the set of 1972’s Napoleon and Samantha where a lion took her in its jaws and shook her.
9. Billy Bob Thornton has a weird phobia of antique furniture. He says it comes from the sets of Love Actually where Hugh Grant would point out antique furniture to him that would freak him out.
10. Seeing a group of school children gathered together can scare Judi Dench. “I have always had a terrible fear of a lot of school children together … I don’t know why, but I just have,” she tells.
11. Woody Allen has a major phobia of elevators. One time, Christina Ricci and Jason Biggs had to climb up three flights of stairs to promote a movie with him.
12. It creeps Oprah Winfrey out when she sees chewing gum due to childhood trauma. When she was young, her grandma would stick chewing gum around to save it and she would often find it in places like underneath the bedpost.
13. Justin Timberlake suffers from Arachnophobia. This makes him scared of all kinds of spiders. One time, he said he was staying at a nice hotel and I had to call reception because he spotted one in his room.
14. Khloé Kardashian hates the belly button. “I hate belly buttons. You can’t touch mine and I don’t want to touch yours,” is exactly how she described extremely odd phobia.
15. Kristen Bell goes to great lengths to avoid touching people with pruney fingers. She doesn’t want her fingers to get wet, so she wears gloves in the pool. That way, she doesn’t have to touch people with wrinkly fingertips.
Source : https://fandomwire.com/15-celebrities-who-suffer-from-truly-odd-phobias/
Content created and supplied by: MTshikonelo (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More