16 October 2021
Writer: Sphe J Hadebe
Johannesburg- Good news now, the popular actress is now free after the court has dropped all charges against her.
It will be remembered that this former Isibaya actress, had many news headlines earlier on this year for murder allegations and attempted murder. She was also acquitted on those all those charges.
Now Mzansi Celebrity News © learnt that the assault charges against former Isibaya actress Zinhle Mabena, which were laid against her by estranged husband Robert Ngwenya, have been provisionally withdrawn.
This case was held at the Pretoria Magistrate's court where the Magistrate withdrew the charges. The pair had made an appearance on Wednesday, the 13th October.
The news of the charges being dropped was confirmer by NPA spokeswoman Lumka Mahanjana.
Speaking toa local publication, Daily Sun, Robert, the husband of Zinhle, explained why he decided to withdraw the case against his estranged wife.
“Over a month ago, I was involved in an accident. I decided to withdraw because I couldn’t stand trial and be a witness as I’m still not fine. I asked the prosecution team to withdraw the case until I’m back on my feet,” he said.
“I’m a victim and we need to stand against the abuse that men also endure,” he said.
Robert revealed that he was going to release a book on his life story next year.
“On the book I have shared a lot – my womanising ways, sexual life, growth and abuse in terms of the relationship I was in. I have shared the abuse of my kids and trauma they went through, as well as the happy times,” he said.
Attempts to have Zinhle for comment were unsuccessful as her lawyer said that they would not be commenting on the matter.
The assault matter was reported last June, after the actress allegedly became physical with her husband during an argument at their home.
According to a medical report, the businessman was injured on his cheek, shoulders and back after he was allegedly pushed down the stairs.
But in turn, Zinhle laid a counter charge of physical abuse against Robert, and obtained a protection order against him.
Content created and supplied by: Mzansicelebritynews (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More