Image Credit: Twitter
Bad news has been shared by News24 of the number of teachers who have died so far as a result of Covid-19 related complications in Gauteng.34 is the number of teachers who have died so far in Gauteng .It's reported that as a result, the Gauteng Province is in the middle of recruiting teachers to temporarily fill those vacancies as schools will be reopening on Monday the 15th of February 2021.
The MEC is reported to have said that they are expected to play a role of providing administrative support to the educators in the different schools.
The MEC for Education, Panyaza Lesufi is reported to have added that the delivery of the Personal Protective Equipment had been completed.
The MEC also made revelations that the delivery of learning and teaching materials in schools has since been completed as well. As a result of all these measures in place , the Gauteng Province is ready for the scheduled reopening on the 15th of February.
Image Credit: Google
Moving on , the Gauteng MEC for education, Panyaza Lesufi is highlighted that all the schools in his province have received the teaching and learning material.
He added that 99 percent of the schools in Gauteng have began the distribution of the material. Panyaza Lesufi expressed confidence in the preparations that have been made so far by his department .
However, the MEC did reveal of an unfortunate incident that befell some of the schools in Gauteng. He shared the unfortunate update that there were 370 schools that had been vandalized.
He expressed disappointment that this had taken place in the schools .He MEC did not take lightly the issue of the 370 schools that had been vandalized.
The good news however is that out of the 370 schools that had been reported as being vandalized, 332 of the schools had been fully repaired.
The MEC however said that the department will not bother with repairing two of the schools as they were deliberately burnt down by the community members and the SGB members.
Image Credit: Google
He said they would let them complete the job.He said that they will not take funds that are supposed to build new school and divert them towards building schools that have been deliberately burnt down.
He added that the two schools would not be attended to.Elsewhere, the MEC highlighted that they had implemented 211 mobile classrooms in other parts of Gauteng that were indeed.
The MEC went on and revealed that there are some schools in Gauteng that are in need of additional support.
He said they had identified the number of those schools being 108.As a result, he highlighted that funds have since been transferred to those schools so that they can build 498 more classrooms .
Content created and supplied by: Kukizi (via Opera News )