1. There are about 280 fruit Traders in this Market with all of them being women aged from 41 to 80 years old.
2. Fruits sold are bananas, oranges, avocados, nectarines, mangos, litchis, pawpaws, tree nuts, macadamias and pecan nuts.
3. No persons from other villages or any other place out of Tshakhuma is allowed to trade in the Market.
4. The Market specializes in selling all different kinds of Fruits even though there are some stall owners who sell vegetable but at a small scale.
5. The main customers of the market are travellers along the Thohoyandou to Makhado (louis trichardt) road using cars, taxis, buses and trucks.
6. The market offers quality fruits as it is near by Levubu farms which constantly supply fresh fruits from their cold storage. This also enable the Tshakhuma Fruit Market to have specific fruits even after their season has passed.
7. There prices are very cheap because the of their supply chain system and there are no discount unless the fruit is aging.
Content created and supplied by: LufunoSenyela (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More