Sign in
Download Opera News App

News Politics

 

Politics

 

US politics

Did SA gave Cuba R350 million donation money

Global Relations and Cooperation Minister Naledi Pandor says there is no connection between the public authority's R50 million gift to Cuba and the R350 million Economic Assistance Package (EAP) to the Caribbean autocracy.


The R50 million gift is right now the subject of a court fight between the public authority and AfriForum, which needs to stop the gift installment.

On Tuesday, News24 detailed that administration needed to give this gift to Cuba far beyond an advance of R84.6 million that it conceded to Cuba last year.


Cuba actually had R55.4 million remaining on this credit extension, however the public authority chose to give Cuba the gift all things being equal.


This R350 million arrangement was finished in 2012, two years after debasement charged previous president Jacob Zuma visited Cuba and was intended to assist the country with recuperating from destroying tropical storms that hit the Caribbean in 2008.


An inner update suggesting that the public authority give the R50 million gift contained in the court papers, incorporated a note transcribed by Pandor, proposing that previous money serve Tito Mboweni favored a credit.


Source:

https://www.news24.com/news24/southafrica/news/pandor-says-r50m-donation-to-cuba-not-linked-to-r350m-assistance-package-20220518

Content created and supplied by: Sibusiso_Nich (via Opera News )

Cuba Jacob Zuma Naledi Pandor R50 Tito Mboweni

COMMENTS

Load app to read more comments