April 03, 2021 By Wesley4658
This error arises when users try to install a Linux distribution to access via Windows Subsystem for Linux 2. After reviewing the user’s feedback and technical authorities in detail, users reported encountering the error message 0x80370102 when trying to install Linux Distro for Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL2). The error notification is as follows
Solution 1: Enable Hardware Virtualization from BIOS
When users try to run Ubuntu in a VirtualBox without enabling the Hardware Virtualization then the system generates multiple errors such as audio performance issues, Wsl Register Distribution error, etc. A virtual machine emulates a computer system so anyone can run different operating systems and programs. Follow the steps below to enable Hardware Virtualization from BIOS:
- Click Start and then select Power Option and click Restart.
- Restarting PC
- Depending on your BIOS manufacturer, the key to log into BIOS will vary. Press Del, Esc, F1, F2, or F4 key on your keyboard as soon as the screen goes black. Note: If you don’t get in the first time, restart your PC and try another key.
- Find the CPU configuration section (Menu can be called Processor, CPU config, Chipset)
- Find the Virtualization setting and Enable it.
- Note: (Virtualization settings can be named as Intel Virtualization Technology, AMD-V, Hyper-V, VT-X, Vanderpool, or SVM).
- Choose the option Save & Exit.
- The computer will reboot with Hardware Virtualization enabled. Check to see if the issue persists. If it does, follow the next method.
Note: Make sure your device supports hardware virtualization. You can see if Virtualization is enabled under the Performance tab of the Task Manager.
Content created and supplied by: Wesley4658 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More