A taxi driver who purportedly knew he tried positive for Covid-19 yet didn't tell his travelers and continued driving, is to be officially accused of endeavored murder. The workplace of Western Cape police commissioner Lieutenant General Yolisa Matakata said on Friday that the cabbie had been trapped in Beaufort West. Matakata's office said in an explanation that the 35-year-old cab driver confronted endeavored murder accusations, read related to Disaster Management Act Regulation 14(3). "[He] was halted in a vehicle checkpoint on the R61 in Beaufort West yesterday, shipping around seven travelers. The driver, who had evidently tried positive for the infection in the wake of stepping through an exam on 30 April 2020 on the N2 Tsitsikamma detour in the Eastern Cape, was properly educated two days back by the testing authority of the result of the test. However, he supposedly continued with the stumble on Thursday (7 May 2020) and was caught on the R61 street close Beaufort West in transit toward the Eastern Cape," said SAPS spokesperson Brigadier Novela Potelwa.
"The driver, seven travelers, and three different people in a going with vehicle were shipped by police and traffic authorities back to Cape Town where they are in an isolated site. Potelwa said the cops and traffic authorities who accompanied the driver and travelers back to Cape Town will be screened and observed: "in accordance with Covid-19 conventions, as insurance". "The police will guarantee the driver is charged and shows up under the watchful eye of a courtroom after discussion with the Department of Health authorities." Western Cape wellbeing division representative Mark van der Heever disclosed to News24 the travelers had since picked to self-isolate at their individual homes. They will be firmly checked, routinely, by wellbeing authorities, throughout the following 14 days. Potelwa included: "A request is made to all residents to regard the standard of law. Police authorities will follow the individuals who overstep the law and guarantee they are brought to book."
Content created and supplied by: Welcomenleya (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More