Small companies are often not the first choice when students are applying for jobs and more often not, they resort to them as their desperate option. Small companies actually can be your greatest source of growth. In this article, I will dive into the advantages and disadvantages of working for small companies. Let's get into it!
- You will learn, you will grow and you will be immersed. Small companies usually do not have the most advanced technologies so you learn exactly how things work behind the scenes.
- Create close bonds. Small companies usually have fewer people and that is most likely to create stronger relationships
- You will get more visibility- This means when you are struggling with a certain task, getting assistance and attention will be easier. this simultaneously means that when you are doing well, you will get easily recognized for that.
- You will wear many hats because the company is on the small side, you might have to play multiple roles
- The company usually does not have the resources for external training and certifications.
- Growth might be one-dimensional due to the size of the company, you cant be moved to a different division.
- The company might not be recognized by larger organizations which could stifle your progression.
- Job security is on the low side because compared to larger companies.
- You might be overwhelmed with tasks that are beyond your job description, like washing dishes, phone calls, and document control. these tasks usually have people designated to them in larger companies.
Content created and supplied by: ThandoMoloi (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More